Fancy Chorizo and Feta Macaroni

It's chore day. Time to tidy my room, return my jacket - sob and generally just sort my life out.
So my recipe from last night is a fond memory of the past; comfort food in it's most indulgent form.

P.S my hunt continues for another amazing jacket before summer, if anyone has any suggestions for good clothing sites I would love it if you left them in a comment!

This is my own version of a recipe which I think was in the food section of the Guardian, which I will probably post some other time because it's delicious. My adaptation was one of those recipes that you make
up as you go along and as a result it's much more exciting when it turns out to be worth sharing.

The ingredients are a bit more 'gourmet' than normal, but if you shop in the right places they aren't extortionate. If you are fond of macaroni cheese, but want to make something a bit more special to impress your friends or parents, this is for you.

Ingredients - To serve two with a bit leftover


  • 1 block of feta cheese (I can't remember what the weight is but it's the normal pack size from Tesco)
  • 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
  • half a tin of chopped tomatoes (you could use a whole tin, I just happened to have half of one in my fridge..) 
  • 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
  • half a chorizo sausage (or as much/little as you like) chopped into cubes
  • 1 tbsp of olive oil
  • Pasta
  • A dash of hot sauce or chilli powder, or alternatively a fresh red chilli
  • pepper, to season
  1. Boil a large kettle of water in preparation for cooking the pasta. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry your garlic until it softens - you don't want it to brown. If you are using a fresh chilli, you want to chop it and add it at this point too.
  2. Then, add your chorizo to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes. Once you have done this, add your chopped tomatoes and fry for another 3 mins. 
  3. Once you have done this you want to crumble the block of feta into the sauce and add the parmesan also. Stir to combine and the feta will gradually melt. 
  4. Boil your pasta
  5. Once the cheeses have melted, your sauce is finished apart from adding ground black pepper to season and I used hot sauce to give it a kick of chilli. If your sauce is looking a little thick, add a tbsp of milk, however this is macaroni cheese so thick is good.
  6. When you pasta is done drain it, and add it to the sauce pan, stirring to coat the pasta in the sauce. 
Done! It takes less time than simple macaroni cheese and is a hell of a lot more impressive, but just as indulgent. Definitely one of my favourite comfort food recipes.

My chore-day outfit consists of my absolute favourite and hardest-working shirt, from Urban Outfitters, which I'm not entirely sure I could live without, paired with my equally sturdy DMs. Oh, and a new hairstyle




Night in on my own tonight, so I'm tempted to try this new COOK shop on Great Western Road which is meant to make really good, healthy ready meals.
If I give in to my laziness, I'll be sure to let you know how worth it it was! 

Comments

Popular Posts