HelloFresh Quesadillas - Meal #2
The ingredients were again lovely and fresh, and the recipe card just as easy to follow as last time. I would definitely recommend trying this recipe out, whether for a lunch or a dinner, it was delicious and easy to make. It's, of course, vegetarian and completely delicious. If you're a lover of Mexican food, definitely try it out!
- 1 large potato
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tin organic black beans
- 1 tin organic sweetcorn
- 1 large red chilli
- 1 onion
- 1 vine tomato
- 1 Tbsp of smoked paprika
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- 1 lime
- Peel a cut the potato, into 1cm cubes, and cook in boiling water for about ten minutes until soft. Drain it when it's cooked, but save 1 tbsp of the water for later.
- Peel the onion, and finely dice it along with the chilli. Roughly chop the coriander.
- Cut the vine tomato in half, scoop out the seeds, and dice the flesh into small cubes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan, on a medium heat, and add all but 1tbsp of the onion and 3/4 of the chilli. Cook over a medium heat for 5 mins to soften the onion. Add the smoked paprika and cook for a further 1 min.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and add them and the potato to the pan, alongside 1tbsp of the cooking water from the potato. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir in 1/2 of the coriander.
- Now for the fun bit; lay out your tortillas and split the mixture between them, covering half of the tortilla only. Sprinkle the half with the mixture on it with cheese and fold the other half over, to make a half moon shape.
- Heat a large frying pan with 1tbsp of olive oil, and fry each tortilla until golden brown on each side; this doesn't take long at all.
- For the salsa; drain the sweetcorn and mix with the remaining onion, chilli, coriander and diced tomato. Add the juice from 1/2 the lime, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1/4 tsp of salt and mix thoroughly.
- Serve your tortillas with the salsa straight away!