Hello Fresh Meal #3 - Paneer and Aubergine Curry
|Mixed curry paste|
- 1 onion
- 1 Aubergine
- 150g brown rice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 2 tbsps tomato puree
- 1 cup paneer, cubed
- a handful of fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp bang curry spice (a pre mixed spice, so unfortunately I can't tell you what's in it, but you can find out more at www.bangcurry.com)
- Boil a large pot of water on a high heat, with 1/2 tsp of salt for your rice. Peel and very finely dice the onion and garlic. Peel the ginger and either grate or chop very finely.
- Rince the rice in cold water for 30 seconds, and add to the boiling water. Cook the rice for about 25 mins until it's soft, drain and leave to the side.
- Meanwhile, slice the aubergine in half lengthways then slice each half lengthways into 1 cm strips. Now, chop widthways into bite-sized cubes, then toss in 1 1/2 tbsps of oil.
- Heat a non stick pan over a high heat. When it's really hot, dry stir fry the aubergine in batches until it is cooked through and browned off. Remove from the pan and set aside for later.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add 1tbsp of oil to the pan. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 5 mins until golden.
- Mix the curry spices, tomato puree and 3 tbsps of water to make a thick paste and add to the pan. Cook for 2 mins then add the yoghurt and 1/4 tsp of sugar, or mango chutney.
- Season the aubergine with a pinch of salt and add to the pan. Chop the paneer into bitesized chunks, season with salt and add as well. Turn down the heat and cook for about ten minutes. Add some water to loosen the sauce if it gets too dry. Chop your coriander and stir into the curry just before you serve, over rice and with a touch more coriander on the top!
|Finished paneer curry!|
|An Indian feast!|