Goats cheese and pesto chicken

The lack of blogging recently has been for a good cause; exams are OVER! My celebrations so far have consisted of bowling, tidying my room and watching lots of Netflix, unashamedly for once.
I promised an easy chicken recipe in one of my previous posts so that is what you lovely people are getting today.

I rarely eat chicken, as I don't like to buy it if it isn't free range and otherwise it can cost up to eight quid... I'll take the Quorn please. But, every now and then we manage a trip to Aldi, where the free-range chicken isn't extortionate. Because it's such a rare occasion I like to make the chicken the main event, and this incredibly easy way to cook it is lovely served with vegetables of your choice.
This recipe is one normally made with mozzarella, and is delicious when done so. I, for some reason, was craving goats cheese when we made this, so I decided to try it instead, and the results proved excellent!

All you need is..
To serve two.


  • Two chicken breasts
  • Two tbsp of basil pesto
  • 4 slices of goats cheese, or mozzarella
  • Vegetables, to serve
  1. Cut a slice into each chicken breast, making sure you don't go all the way through, so it forms a sort of 'pocket'. Saying that though, I often find that chicken breasts have a ready made 'pocket', meaning you don't have to slice them, check the underside before you do so. 
  2. Into each pocket, spread a tbsp of pesto, then lay a slice of goats cheese on top. Fold the chicken over so the pocket is sealed (you can use toothpicks to do this really thoroughly, but I don't bother. Mainly because I don't have toothpicks).
  3. Then, on the top of each breast, spread another spoonful of pesto, and put the remaining slice of cheese on top of that. Place the chicken in a baking tray, lined with foil, and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until the cheese is golden and the chicken is cooked through. 
It really couldn't be easier, and it is delicious. Great for a treat, if you want to make something a bit more impressive than usual. 
We had ours with peas, chips and roasted red peppers, which went amazingly with the chicken. 










Besides the chicken, after exam celebrations ended in... shopping, oops. Since I have no deadlines left, holidays suddenly seem very close indeed and that called for a wardrobe update. My boyfriend and mum would probably disagree... but oh well. 

So, yesterday I purchased these three holiday staples, which I am head over heels for. 

The top and shorts are from Urban Outfitters, and I'm very excited about wearing them not only in sunnier climes, but clubbing and out and about. And the sandals, the glorious sandals. They are from Topshop and at first glance are simple and silver. Then, when the light hits, they become so shiny and fabulous that they make me a little less sad about the loss of my blue metallic jacket. 

These will be worn to death, this summer and beyond. And hey... I deserved it. Cough. 







Comments

Popular Posts