Lazy weekend breakfast.
- eggs (two per person, add a couple more if you're really hungry)
- a knob of butter
- as much smoked salmon as you fancy, cut into strips
- milk, a tbsp per egg (or if you're feeling super indulgent use cream)
- pepper, to season
- Me and my mum both cook scrambled eggs on the hob. So, you want to melt your large knob of butter in a saucepan. Whisk your eggs with a fork to combine in a separate bowl, then add them to the pan, which should be on a medium heat.
- In another bowl, add the milk to the smoked salmon and leave to steep.
- Keep stirring the egg, scraping it from the bottom of the pan and from around the edges and you will see it start to scramble.
- The next step depends on how you like your eggs, as you want to add the salmon and the milk just before they are ready. I like mine runny, so will add them just before they are done to my liking and then keep stirring, until it has all thickened up again. If you like yours well done, like my mum, just keep cooking the eggs on their own until they are again almost ready and do the same.
- Season with pepper and serve with or without toast, on an english muffin, bagel or just on their own. Mum served hers on toasted Turkish flatbread.
Yum, a perfect start to a lazy sunday.